Sheep Sorrel

🌿 An edible surprise under our honeyberries

Sheep sorrel is an edible weed similar to garden sorrel in both description and flavor. It tastes slightly lemony and is great raw. I have not tried cooking it yet but I will probably do that soon.

I have come across sheep sorrel in the past around our property but just recently found a patch of it hidden under one of our many honeyberry(haskap) bushes.

The young plants look slightly different but still have a similar plant structure.

Unlike wild leeks, which I talked about in this post, sheep sorrel is most likely found in your area. I suggest you try to find some and taste it for yourself.
For more about our delicious honeyberries, check out my sister's post here.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mulching our garden

Our Squash

Our Red and Black Raspberries